A. Collection of Users Data
People for Peat collects Personal Data to process the registration and inform the users about People for Peat’s upcoming activities, events, and updated resources The collected Data is data that has been personally shared by the users, including but not limited to the data given when the users:
- Register or renew their membership. The Site membership includes name, email address, phone number, gender, password, institution, position, etc.
- Contact People for Peat through The Contact Us page, email, or through one of the People for Peat’s coalition members (World Resources Institute Indonesia, Tropical Rainforest Conservation and Research Centre, and Yayasan Inisiatif Dagang Hijau)
- Fill up surveys sent by the People for Peat or on behalf of People for Peat
- Interact with other Users
- Use the services available on the Website, including:
- to process registrations and membership applications.
- to update and inform individuals about People for Peat’s activities, agendas, and information pertaining to sustainable peatland management.
- to analyze and process data
- to respond to inquiries from individuals
- for direct marketing
- internal record keeping
- for all other purposes incidental and associated with any of the above
B. Data Usage
People for Peat can use the whole or parts of the data that has been collected previously for:
- Processing the User’s requests, including during event registration or downloading materials
- Contacting users through email or phone, including but not limited to inform the participants about People for Peat activities, website updates and to help to resolve issues experienced by Users while interacting with People for Peat and The Site
People for Peat will not use your data for purposes other than the aforementioned uses.
C. Storing and Deleting your personal data
People for Peat will keep your data until you have requested to remove your data from the Website. Should you want to delete your account and do not wish to receive any information from People for Peat, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request for removal.
All individuals’ personal data will be kept confidential and only shared among the members of the coalition (World Resources Institute Indonesia, Tropical Rainforest Conservation and Research Centre, and Yayasan Inisiatif Dagang Hijau). People for Peat will keep your information confidential and will not lease, sell, or distribute your information to any third parties, unless the data is required to be disclosed by law.
Individuals are entitled to, at their expense, request for the correction of their personal data that is held and processed by us with reasonable and written notice. Individuals who want their accounts and personal data deleted can send an email to email@example.com to request for removal.